Saturday, May 30, 2009

Homeade Dill Pickles

Maybe it's because I'm pregnant, but I love pickles. All kinds, and the more garlic the better.

Many recipes call for heating and boiling water, etc, but this excellent recipe from delicious malicious calls for none of that.

The result: Delicious deli style pickles!



Ingredients:
4 cloves garlic, cut into large pieces
fresh dill
pickling cucumbers

Brine:
3 cups water
6 TBSP white vinegar
3 TBSP Kosher salt

Directions:Put some of the fresh dill in the bottom of each jar. Pack 1/2 full with cucumbers. Lay more fresh dill on top and finish filling the jar with cucumbers. Put minced garlic on top, pour brine into jar until it's full. Put the lid on, and leave them in the refrigerator for 2 days before using.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I think I should go to the farmers market and get some cucumbers so I can make some homemade pickles.

Labels